Thank you to all those who have submitted abstracts to this year's OHEJP ASM!
The abstract submission is closed.
Abstract submission guidelines
A. General conditions
- Abstracts are required for all oral presentations and posters.
- Abstracts must be submitted before 15 March 2021 (23:59 CET)
- Accepted abstracts will be published on the first day of the conference in a publicly available deliverable of the One Health EJP.
- It is the responsibility of all authors that all studies are performed in accordance with national legislation, international legislation and ethical guidelines both with regards to humans and animals.
- It is the responsibility of the authors that the author list is correct: all authors must qualify as authors and agree on the contents of the abstract.
- It is the responsibility of the authors that the abstract is written in correct and clear English language. Language used should be inclusive and take into consideration the wide audience of the OHEJP ASM.
B. Presenting author and registration
- The presenting author must register at the latest 14 days after acceptance of an abstract.
- The OHEJP ASM Conference Secretariat reserves the right to exclude any abstract that is not accompanied by a participant registration within 14 days following notification of acceptance.
C. Contents of your abstract
- The abstract word limit is max. 250 words per abstract (main text, excluding title, author names and affiliations, as well as funding information and references, if any).
- Please note that you must use the Abstract Template
- The title should be as brief as possible but long enough to clearly indicate the nature of the study. Write the abstract title in CAPITAL LETTERS. No full stop at the end. You will asked to enter the title in the abstract system, and you should therefore NOT include it in your abstract document.
- Please do not include any author names and institutions in the abstract document. You will be asked to enter the name(s) of author(s) and their institution(s), when you submit your abstract online.
- Please check that your email address (submitter and presenting author) is correct as it will be used for contacting you after the review process.
- The abstract must include the following.
- Aim: Clearly state the purpose of the study.
- Methods: Describe your selection of observations or study participants clearly.
- Results: Present your results in a logical sequence. No tables and illustrations can be included.
- Conclusions: Emphasize new and important aspects of the study and the conclusions that are drawn from them. Highlight the impact of the results.
- All abbreviations must be defined in first use.
- Max. 3 references or website-links may be listed at the end of the abstract, if applicable.
- Funding acknowledgement should be included at the end of the abstract, if applicable.
The online system will ask you to select the most suitable category for the abstract, from the following options:
- Foodborne zoonoses
- Antimicrobial resistance
- Emerging threats
- Integrative activities
- The Scientific Committee will review and evaluate the abstracts.
- In addition to scientific aspects, the evaluation will focus on application of One Health/cross-sectoral approaches.
- Notification of acceptance or rejection of the abstract will be sent to all authors by 9 April 2021
- For accepted abstracts, the Scientific Committee will decide the type of the presentation, taking into account the preferred presentation type.
For all enquiries regarding abstracts and speakers, please contact the OHEJP ASM Conference Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org